Full course description
This course is designed for vocational rehabilitation counselors who, apart from the Business Enterprise Program, have limited knowledge about self-employment for VR consumers with blindness or low vision. Competitive integrated employment, customized employment, and the WIOA as they relate to self-employment are just a few topics discussed within this course.
This course is available for 1-hour of CRC, ACVREP, and NBPCB credit.
- Define self-employment and related terms.
- Explain competitive integrated employment.
- Identify some advantages and disadvantages of self-employment.
- Recognize some of the traits to look for to determine if self-employment is a good option for your consumers.
- Describe how the Small Business Development Center in your state can guide you and your consumers through the self-employment process.
For daily content relevant to the field of blindness and low vision, connect with us on social media: