Exploring Self-Employment Beyond the Business Enterprise Program is a Course
Exploring Self-Employment Beyond the Business Enterprise Program
Started Jun 2, 2021
Full course description
This course is designed for vocational rehabilitation counselors who, apart from the Business Enterprise Program, have limited knowledge about self-employment for VR consumers with blindness or low vision. Competitive integrated employment, customized employment, and the WIOA as they relate to self-employment are just a few topics discussed within this course.
This course is available for 1-hour of CRC, ACVREP, and NBPCB credit.
- Define self-employment and related terms.
- Explain competitive integrated employment.
- Identify some advantages and disadvantages of self-employment.
- Recognize some of the traits to look for to determine if self-employment is a good option for your consumers.
- Describe how the Small Business Development Center in your state can guide you and your consumers through the self-employment process.
For daily content relevant to the field of blindness and low vision, connect with us on social media: