Full course description
The National Online Training Curriculum for Randolph-Sheppard (R-S) Business Enterprise Program (BEP) Staff is designed to help orient new BEP staff members to the Randolph-Sheppard Program, although anyone, including blind entrepreneurs and vocational rehabilitation staff, is welcome to use the curriculum. The curriculum is composed of 16 individual modules, each covering an important aspect of the R-S program:
- Active Participation - What It IS and What It Isn't
- Assistive Technology and Its Potential for Blind Entrepreneurs
- Basic Business Principles and the Randolph-Sheppard Enterprise
- Funding the State
- Healthier Food Options
- Human Resources and the Blind Entrepreneur
- Introduction to Blindness and Low Vision
- Marketing and Customer Service
- Marketing the Randolph-Sheppard Program to Outside Parties
- Micro Markets
- Partnering with the Private Sector: Expanding Opportunities for Blind Entrepreneurs
- Social Security Disability and the Randolph-Sheppard Entrepreneur
- The Randolph-Sheppard Act: What the Business Consultant Needs to Know
- The Role of the Business Consultant
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program and How It Intersects with the Randolph-Sheppard Program
- Working with Blind Entrepreneurs with Hearing Loss
- Have a better understanding of active participation and the requirements under the law.
- Learn what active participation is and what it is not.
- Learn how to use active participation to build a stronger BEP.
An overall certificate of completion is generated when a student successfully completes and passes (with a score of 80% or greater) all 16 module quizzes. No continuing education credits are offered for modules in this section
For daily content relevant to the field of blindness and low vision, connect with us on social media: