Facilitating Family Support
Started Jun 1, 2022
Full course description
Vision rehabilitation services frequently occur with the influence-- positive or negative--of family and friends. Sarah Clark, licensed counselor and vision rehabilitation therapist, shares information and strategies on how to incorporate families into the rehabilitation process. Help your client work towards their best possible outcomes.
This course is available for 1-hour ACVREP and NBPCB credit.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand at least three ways in which the family impacts the rehabilitation process
- Be able to use at least five strategies to effectively include family in the rehabilitation process
- Be able to apply practical strategies for fostering support from family
- Know when a referral for the participant or the family member is appropriate
- Macintosh: VoiceOver (latest version for Safari)
- PC: JAWS and NVDA (latest version for Chrome)
- PC: JAWS and NVDA (latest version for Firefox)
Internet Explorer is not supported.
This course was developed by the National Research & Training Center on Blindness & Low Vision (NRTC) at Mississippi State University. We are the only national center funded to conduct research related to employment for people with blindness or low vision, and training and technical assistance for the federal Older Individuals who are Blind program. As a national center of excellence, we offer resources on a variety of topics for service providers, businesses, and persons with vision loss on our websites.
For daily content relevant to the field of blindness and low vision, connect with us on social media: