Understanding People Living with Dementia and Vision Loss is a Course
Understanding People Living with Dementia and Vision Loss
Started Mar 2, 2021
Full course description
Catherine Tedder, registered nurse, dementia trainer, and coach, shares information and strategies to work with individuals with dementia. Reduced visual fields and misperceptions of visual images may cause fear and difficult behaviors in individuals who have dementia. This course, based on Teepa Snow’s work with dementia patients, provides information about dementia, the stages of dementia, and suggests strategies for interacting with individuals who have dementia and vision loss.
This course is available for ACVREP and NBPCB credit ONLY.
- Learn what dementia is.
- Understand different types of dementia.
- Understand the GEMS states, which is a way to identify where people are on their dementia journey.
- Understand brain changes and some vision changes.
- Understand the three responses to dementia,
- Learn to demonstrate some techniques for working with those with vision loss and dementia.