Full course description
As our society becomes more diverse, it is essential that professionals develop an understanding of the cultures of the consumers they serve. This course presents an overview of how professionals can provide culturally competent services to older individuals experiencing vision loss or blindness
- Recognize the importance of being sensitive to cultural differences.
- Understand the effect culture has on interactions with consumers.
- Recognize the differences in the terms "cultural competence," "cultural awareness" and “cultural sensitivity."
- Develop strategies to reduce personal biases and misconceptions.
- Understand the importance of organization/agency cultural competence.
This course is available for CRC, ACVREP, and NBPCB credit.
For daily content relevant to the field of blindness and low vision, connect with us on social media: