Full course description
This course is designed to provide Independent Living Older Blind (OIB) program directors and staff with an introduction to the importance of community outreach. This course will provide an overview of outreach strategies and resources that will result in the recruitment of eligible consumers, strengthen community relationships, and help your community recognize and learn ways they can help individuals facing vision loss.
- Describe the importance of Community Outreach in the OIB program.
- Identify practical considerations and strategies for setting up a Community Outreach program.
- Identify and target outreach to under-represented groups.
- Describe strategies for enlistment of the medical community, Aging Network, and other community partners in your outreach efforts.
- Describe evaluation methods for your community outreach and how they can be used for program evaluation.
This course is available for CRC, ACVREP, and NBPCB credit.
For daily content relevant to the field of blindness and low vision, connect with us on social media: