Full course description
Have you ever wondered how relevant braille is in today’s world? Does it make a difference for individuals who use it compared to those who do not use it? This course addresses these questions and describes why braille is still important for those who have vision loss. It also provides an overview of how the code works, equipment used for reading and writing braille, and barriers faced by those who want to learn and use braille. Professionals will find valuable information for sharing with consumers and supporting them in learning braille.
This course is available for 1-hour CRC, ACVREP, and NBPCB credit.
- Learn the importance of braille throughout the lifespan for individuals with vision loss
- Learn how braille works, including patterns, basic rules, and different codes
- Describe tools and techniques for reading and writing braille
- Understand barriers to learning braille
- Understand how braille can contribute to successful outcomes in education, employment, and independence.
For daily content relevant to the field of blindness and low vision, connect with us on social media: