Basics of Blindness and Low Vision is a Course
Basics of Blindness and Low Vision
Started Jan 29, 2020
Full course description
This course is targeted to individuals who are new to the field of blindness and low vision, providing them with foundational information on critical matters within this multidisciplinary field. This introductory course will orient new professionals and paraprofessionals to the broad principles and basic facts necessary for functioning effectively in providing services to people with blindness and low vision.
This course is available for CRC, ACVREP, and NBPCB credit.
- Describe the terminology related to parts of the eye, common eye conditions, and functional limitations related to vision loss;
- Know how to courteously interact with individuals with vision loss;
- Identify the eye care/rehabilitation professionals who work with blind and vision impaired individuals;
- Describe some strategies and access technologies used by blind and vision impaired individuals; and
- Identify key service and membership organizations that exist for the benefit of individuals who are blind or vision impaired.
For daily content relevant to the field of blindness and low vision, connect with us on social media: