Full course description
Provides information on assessment, ways to obtain devices, and resources for training individuals to use the provided devices. The HAAT model for assistive technology assessment is described. The course looks at options for training and the qualifications of professionals who provide assessment and training. In addition, factors like ergonomics and security are addressed in their relationship to assistive technology. Several case studies help demonstrate the application of assessment to practice. Finally, resources for obtaining assistive technology and staying up to date, are discussed.
This course is available for CRC, ACVREP, and NBPCB credit.
- Identify basic components of the Human Activity Assistive Technology, or HAAT assessment model.
- Understand the differences and different types of assessments or evaluations including vocational evaluations worksite evaluations, and assistive technology assessments.
- Compile a training resource list.
- Recognize at least four ways to access or acquire assistive technology for employment.
- Give examples of appropriate assistive technology for an individual with a vision impairment in an employment context.
- Identify some of the common problems related to assistive technology for people with vision loss in employment settings.
For daily content relevant to the field of blindness and low vision, connect with us on social media: