An Overview of Independent Living Services for Older Individuals Who are Blind
Started May 14, 2021
Full course description
This course is designed to help those new to the Older Individuals who are Blind (OIB) program to become acquainted with basic history, program requirements, factors that affect OIB programs, critical issues in service delivery, best practices, and the Independent Living Older Individuals who are Blind Technical Assistance and Training Center (IL OIB-TAC). Participants will learn terminology, acronyms, and issues common to OIB programs. Additional IL OIB-TAC resources are suggested throughout the course.
This course is available for 1-hour ACVREP and NBPCB credit.
- Identify the legislation that established the OIB program
- Identify the allowable services with OIB funding
- Identify reports that need to be completed for the OIB program
- Identify common terminology and acronyms used in the OIB program
- Identify eligibility criteria for OIB services
- Identify three levels of technical assistance available through the IL OIB-TAC
For daily content relevant to the field of blindness and low vision, connect with us on social media: